According to HOALeader.com, the Top Five HOA/Condo issue for 2019 are:
- Fire Safety. Following the 2017 high-rise fire in Hawaii and another in England which caused many deaths, the Florida legislature passed a law requiring every building of a certain description to have installed an Engineered Life Safety System or ELSS by the end of 2019.
- Processes for Complaints. There’s a nationwide trend requiring an approved policy for addressing conflicts including a procedure for members to submit complaints.
- Drones. From children playing with drones to retailers using drones to make deliveries, community associations are being asked to be proactive about drone traffic.
- Closed Sessions. While Sunshine Law does not apply to community associations, members are looking for more transparency and access to the decision-making process.
- Economy. By its nature, the economy is unpredictable. Associations should be prepared to deal with a downturn, collections and bad debt while protecting the investment of its members.
The full article can be found at: https://www.hoaleader.com/public/CondoHOA-Experts-Expect-See-More-These-5-Challenges-in-2019.cfm